Extend Your Ticket
Two options for you to choose from.
Participants have the option of extending their ticket to remain in Israel beyond
the program. Extending will only be possible once Egged-Israel Your Way has notified you that you
have been ticketed on a specific flight.
Please note that once your Egged-Israel Your Way program has concluded, you will no longer be under our supervision.
You are not allowed to leave the trip before it is officially over. Do not make plans to leave before the group is on their way to the airport.
We highly recommend that you extend your stay prior to leaving the US since
all seats are subject to availability.
Option 1 - Extend Before Departure through Gil Travel
Extensions cannot be made by phone. Extension request prior to departure are made through Gil Travel's website at
Please check their website for procedures, deadline and cost for extensions. Taglit-Birthright Israel and Egged-Israel Your Way are
not involved in your extension and are not responsible for changes that are or are not made for your return flight. These changes are made on your own accord.
You as the traveler must ensure that you are in possession of a valid passport with an expiration date of 6 months or more from the intended extended return date.
Please review each airline’s requirements and fees carefully.
Please be mindful of the days of the week when selecting your travel request dates. Some airlines fly out of Israel on Friday nights and Saturdays.
It is highly recommended that extensions be arranged prior to departures as the seats are limited, subject to availability,
contract specifications and specific class of service determined by the airlines. Some fees may seem less after the departure
but the availability of seats are limited, not guaranteed and time consuming to finalize once in Israel. There are seat limitations for our class of service in economy due to our special airfare.
Important: It is your responsibility to contact the airline if you are not flying on the original or new extended return date.
If you are a ‘no-show’ you risk having your ticket ‘null and voided’. Your return ticket will be canceled and it will be your
responsibility and your expense to return back home.
Change or cancellation of return must be done prior to the date scheduled to return.
Option 2 - Extend While On Your Trip Directly With the Airline
Aerosvit Airlines extension:
- Maximum stay is 3 months.
- Cost of extension prior to departure is $90.00 subject to availability in the same class of service.
- Change of return/extension once in Israel, subject to seat availability in the same class of service or subject, cost determined when requested according to availability.
Once in Israel contact Aerosvit directly for all changes:
• Aerosvit reservations office in Tel Aviv 03 516-5254/8
• Hours of operation Sunday thru Thursday 9AM-5PM, Fridays till 1PM.
El AL extension:
- Maximum stay is 3 months
- Extensions prior to departure is $240.00 subject to seat availability in the same class of service, no upsell
- Once in Israel extension/change once in Israel is $150.00 subject to seat availability. Delta permits upsell once in Israel. If original class of service is not available, cost will be $150.00 for the change plus difference in airfare up to $270.00 if available.
- Once in Israel contact Delta directly for all changes
• In Tel Aviv 03 513 8000 Ext 3.
• Hours of operation Sunday thru Thursday 9AM – 5PM
US Airways extension:
- Maximum stay is 3 months
- Extensions prior to departure is minimum $190.00 subject to seat availability in the same class of service, no upsell
- Once in Israel extension/change once in Israel is $50.00 subject to seat availability in same class of service. If not available change will result in fee plus difference in published airfares and upsell
- Once in Israel contact EL AL directly for all changes
• Contact EL AL directly once in Israel
• Call center open 24/7 in Tel Aviv 03- 977 1111
- Maximum stay is 90 days
- Extension prior to departure $240.00 subject to seat availability in the same class of service, or upsell is available.
- Number of participants to extend is not limited
- Once in Israel extension/change of return is $240.00 subject to seat availability in the same class of service or upsell is available.
- Once in Israel extension request form is required to be sent to Signal Tours 03-572-0032 minimum 3 business days prior to confirmed booking return date. It is recommended that this form be sent to all participants who have US Airways as their carrier. If it’s readily available it might help expedite the request. Extension request form can be sent to you upon request.
- DO NOT contact US Airways in USA or Israel for any changes, they cannot assist.